FSSAI Registration

Towards Realisation. F&B Companies.


@ Rs. 9,899*

*Subject To Change On Market Conditions

Enquire Now

An FSSAI Registration is necessary to carry out a Food Business in India (also known as FBO in short). As an entity, you need to check your eligibility and the documents required for an FSSAI Registration or License.

An FSSAI Registration or License is location-specific and is based on a periodic term basis. All the food businesses that receive an annual turnover of Rupees 12 lakhs or less have to register themselves with the FSSAI of the state in which their food business is being conducted. Registration of food businesses is a mandatory procedure in India to regulate the manufacturing, storage, distribution and sale of packaged foods to ensure good quality, safe and wholesome foods for consumption. It is applicable to small businesses generally.

Who needs an FSSAI Registration?

It is compulsory for every food business to get registered under FSSAI. Here, a “Food Business” refers to “Any undertaking, whether for profit or not, and whether public or private, that is carrying out activities related to any stages of manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution of food, import and includes food services, catering services, the sale of food or food ingredients.”

Who needs an FSSAI Central License?

FBO units that report an annual turnover over Rs. 20 crores can apply for a Central License provided they are operating in two or more than two states. Besides them, any FBO who imports and exports also need to apply for a Central License. License tenure – minimum of a year and maximum of 5 years.

Who needs an FSSAI Central License?

A Central License is compulsory for FBOs operating within multiple states, or an importer, or a 100% export-oriented unit, or an FBO providing catering services to the central government agencies like the Railways, Flights, and Airports, Seaport, Defence and others. Contact us today to check eligibility!

No Minimum Turnover For Registration

Every FBO that earns a turnover of less than Rupees 12 Lakhs needs to apply for registration. However, if the turnover crosses 12 Lakhs, then it is required to apply for a license to the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI). The fee is based on the number of years the entity intends to apply for registration.


Documents Checklist

Documents Required for an FSSAI Registration

Certificate of Incorporation, MOA and AOA for companies. COI and LLP deed for LLPs. Partnership deeds for Partnership firms and Individual KYC for Proprietorship.

PAN Card and Expected Turnover


Application Form and Declarations


Address Proof of the Premises with an NOC from the owner


Photographs of the Promoters or Partners


PAN Card of Each of the Promoters or Partners


Identity Proof of the Promoter or Partners


Address Proof of the Promoter or Partners